Saturday 3 November 2007

Sifting through duds and dross

I've been spending spare moments hunting for Chester blogs. A "Chester" search on Blogger.com indicated that there are around 200 registered bloggers in our fair city. That sounded very promising and so began the task of checking out each and every one.

Sadly, it has quickly become clear that as many as 3 out of 4 bloggers have only registered a profile but no blog, or a profile and one sole blog entry. And then there are the blogs that exist but are so badly written (as well as illiterate) that they are not worthy of inclusion.

At the moment it feels like searching for the proverbial needle. But there are some gems out there and they are gradually being added.

4 comments:

Richard said...

I wouldn't be too disparaging of the less literate bloggers, Louise. They are at least having a go. I've seen good and bad blogs come and go over the past 2 years but also some bad ones get a lot better!

Anonymous said...

You'll have to trust me when I say that the ones I looked at truly had no merit at all. I'll happily ignore typos and poor grammar if what's being said is compelling and interesting. Sadly, this wasn't the case. That said, these were in the minority - most of the ones on Blogger I looked at had one entry only or none at all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lousie, you should try Crewe! Hardly any listed, and of those most are similar to those described by you. Only a few to enjoy. So you have it good in Chester.
Jules, Crewe blog

Mark Carp said...

I'm not surprised there are so few good blogs around louise, its hard work writing one. Most people start with the best of intentions but quickly give up.